Sunday, September 27, 2009

27 down, 63 to go

We're 27 days into our 90 day spending fast. It has been filled with challenging moments...Some we've failed in and some we've met head on. We have spent money 3 times. One time it was my slip up and the other two were both of us convincing each other it was ok.

During this whole experience, I have really sensed the Lord, continuing to whisper to me. Thoughts and questions that have really come to the surface:

Is that really a need or is it a want?
Can you live without it?
Why is this so hard?

I have been blessed in some incredible ways this last 4 weeks. Not so much financially, but in much more spiritual ways. I'm finding my times with the Lord throughout my day are much sweeter, much more intimate....Not sure why not spending money on needless things has done this, but I'm sure it has something to do with God saying, "I am your portion, and I am ALL you need."

We will continue to share our journey through this and hope it calls us deeper into His story and encourages the body of Christ.

grace and peace,
matt

p.s. on a side note, one of the times we cheated and ate out for 15 dollars happen to be the worst chinese food we've ever had...go figure. :)

No comments: