Saturday, January 3, 2009

Invasion of the Body Snatchers 1956


I've only met one person in my life who watches as much film as I do and his name is Joel Mayward. I love Joel. He's the Jr High Pastor at my church. Although I love Joel, that is not the point of my little rant....
To my point: I've just finished the original 1956 version of Invasion Of The Body Snatchers in black and white. It was quite good. I would recommend it highly. At the time in the 50's, most movies surrounded concepts like War and Westerns, but this was what I consider our modern day Matrix. If I recall when Matrix came out it was quite different from anything out at the time and whether you liked it or not, it seemed to be a dramatic change from our normal choices in film...
Anyway, as I talked to my father-in-law today, he remembered Invasions kind of being like that. It was mind blowing at the time....Still is a great film and worth 90 mins.
grace and peace,
matt

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Kudos friend! I just watched a bunch of old sci-fi movies from the late 50s and early 60s that were obviously influenced by "The Invasion of the Body Snatchers." Fun times!

Preston, Tobi, Caitlyn, & Maddy said...

I recently watched The 1950's "The Day the Earth Stood Still." Great insight into a different world (i.e., 1950's McCarthy-ism/Nuclear War Fearing America).

Matt Gibson said...

I liked that movie. very different reality.