Friday, May 28, 2010

Mommy Is Out Of Town

My beautiful bride, Adrienne went this week to see her little brother dive in the new show, Blue Horizons at Sea World in San Diego. So, while she was gone for 2 days, the kids and I had a chance to have some fun just the 3 of us. Below are a couple of videos of us this week. Thursday, we went to our favorite place for breakfast, LGO in Phoenix, and then went to Kachina park near by and ran around...I love being a dad, and I love the chance to bless my wife with time away...Husbands, love your wives in this way. Get her some time away. They need to have some freedom to rest and be themselves and your kids need real time to be with their daddies.

The videos are from my phone, so the quality is rough, but listen closely for Ryland in the bath when he says "mommy is on the boat." One of my all time favorite moments considering I told him mommy would be riding in pappa and grammy's boat in San Diego.

grace and peace,
matt

3 comments:

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill said...

Precious! Ryland and London are growing up! I can't wait to get my arms around them. Yeah for you, Matt encouraging Adrienne to get away for a few days. It meant everything to me when Shannon did that for me when the kids were young. I came back a better mom and wife.

gs thorne said...

Teaching a child to think that a video camera is it's mother while she's away, that's, that's....
I don't know what that is!